Creating Financial Freedom!
Building and preserving your personal wealth requires specialized attention. You get one-on-one guidance and a comprehensive financial plan that helps manage risk, improve performance, and ensure the growth and longevity of your wealth.
We help you...
Save enough for a comfortable retirement by identifying your retirement needs, analyzing your assets and sources of retirement income, reviewing estimated shortfalls, and identifying the best ways to save for retirement given your financial situation and risk tolerance. We also integrate tax planning into our retirement planning to ensure you maximize your after-tax wealth accumulation potential.
Establish a personal financial budget by working with you and your family to help balance today's financial needs with tomorrow's opportunities. We help you determine the amount of home you should should purchase or if renting is a better option, and how much to spend on the daily needs of living and eliminate financial waste.
Pay for your child's college education by accurately estimating the amount of money you'll need, analyzing your assets, reviewing estimated shortfalls and considering general alternatives and strategies to help address these potential shortfalls, and developing an optimal savings plan given your financial situation and risk tolerance.
Protect your family in case of you become disabled by ensuring you have enough money in your emergency fund and analyzing your life, disability, health, home, and auto insurance coverage. We also review your will and various powers of attorney designed to take care of your affairs in the event you are incapacitated and can't manage them yourself.
Achieve your investment goals by identifying the steps needed to maximize your investment returns as well as the steps needed to help minimize your risk while building increased predictability of your investment returns.
- Leave a legacy for your heirs by maximizing the value of your estate by saving tax dollars, professional fees, and court costs. As well as minimizing the costs of probate, creditors, lawyers, and estate taxes, which can negatively impact the value of your estate. We also help you stay in control of your affairs by providing a road map for passing your estate on to your heirs.
- Monitor your progress by providing access to your personal online financial portal and helping you make changes to your budget and investment portfolio as appropriate.
Even a successful financial plan can fail in the event of an unexpected catostrophic loss. That is why risk management is a very important component of every financial plan we do for our clients. Here are the steps we use to work with you to help mitigate your risks:
We help you...
Identifty the risks to which you, your familiy and sole proprietorship (if applicable) are exposed.
Evaluate the identified risks for the probability of occurance and severity of the loss.
Determine alternatives for managing the risks.
Select the most appropriate alternative for each risk.
Implement the risk management plan selected
Periodically evaluate and review the risk management plan selected.
Risk Management is much more than just selecting the most appropriate insurance policies. It is segratating your risky assets such as rental real estate, businesses, and other at-risk ventures into their own entities so that your personal net worth is subject to substantially less risk. It is also evaluating the status of the business cycle and determining if your investment assets are subject to unanticipated risks.
Thoughts of estate planning often bring more questions than answers: Could an heir be too young to inherit? Should the inheritance be given at a certain age? Is the intended beneficiary in a shaky marriage with divorce as a possibility? Are there children from a previous marriage? Should inheritance be protected from potential creditors of the heir? Are there taxes that can be avoided? Are you able to avoid the probate court rules, delays, and costs?
Planning what happens to your estate when you're gone can seem frustrating and intimidating without qualified help.
You may feel that you're too young to care about estate planning. Or, perhaps the reminder of death makes you uncomfortable. You might be tempted to put the whole thing off, assuming that it will just take care of itself. In all cases, estate planning ends up saving your family lots of time, heartache and money.
And we can help.
Every estate planning situation is different. In order to help you, we want to know you, your unique situation, and the nature of your relationships. We offer discussion, recommendations and useful research tools to make your planning simple, efficient, and worry-free. We are available throughout the process for further discussion regarding questions, change of circumstances, and alternatives. At every step, we'll be there with you.
We help you...
- Clearly define your estate planning goals.
- Organize and create your estate planning team (experts on law, finance, and taxes) if you need one.
- Evaluate and recommend estate planning options.
- Prepare, organize and review your estate planning documents including current wills, trusts, health care and power of attorney.
- Decrease the problems and expenses associated with probate.
- Lessen taxes at time of death.
- Arrange for management of your estate in the event you are incapacitated.
- Draft a working plan for conserving and effectively managing your estate after death.
- Transfer the assets of your estate to heirs the way you want.
- Organize fair and adequate liquidation of estate to cover taxes and other expenses.
- Amend your plan as needed.
You also get help with...
- Living Wills and Trusts.
- Lifetime Family Wealth Transfers.
- Family partnerships and other business relationships.
- Leaving money to charities.
- Preparation for estate and trust tax problems.
The hassles and red tape associated with estate planning can be daunting, but you don't need to do it alone. Our team is waiting to assist you through every step of the process.
Financial Planning Services are provided by Steve Newman Financial Planning, a Registered Investment Advisor. Steve Newman Financial Planning is a 100% professional services fee-based Financial Planner, and a financial fiduciary, ensuring 100% independence and objectivity. We sell no financial products and earn no commissions or fees from our investment recommendations or referrals to other professionals.